Sunday, March 3, 2013

Teamwork!


Kat and Tyler did a great job this week! I had a great time thinking about group teamwork and group dynamics with everyone!

I think teamwork is especially good to think about because, as it was brought up, we will be doing teamwork for the next two semesters. Even though we will be facilitating in groups of two, we will still be working with all the other peer mentors to help the students.

I really enjoyed analyzing the video! I know Kat and Tyler were short on time but I think it would be interesting to discuss it further and see what parallels we could come up with. It was kind of what triggered me thinking about teamwork for us next semester when I sat down to write this. If we don’t all move and act together, the students might not take us seriously. A few times last semester when my co-leader and I had to alter lesson plans to fit our difficult group and our students called us out on it since they were in communication with some of the other sections and they didn’t take those days’ activities seriously which took us off guard since we assumed they’d like ours better. Move all together and everything being deliberate means no weakness!

I can’t wait until we practice our teamwork this weekend when making our video!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to work with each other next semester and the mentees next fall! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a really great job analyzing that video! (I was personally too distracted by the fact that some of the fish didn't get away... Poor fishies.) It's important to keep in mind that we really do need to all be on the same page in order to be taken seriously. It's important for us to personally work as a team of peer mentors while also encouraging teamwork within our sections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked the video, Kat was mesmerized by it and had to include it in our lesson. I'm also glad you got something positive from it.

    ReplyDelete