Sunday, February 3, 2013

ISFJ!


I’m just going to say it but us six introverts got to stick together in this group! I think it was great talking through the MBTI exercise questions in class. It was really great being able to talk to everyone and seeing how we view things similarly and differently.

One thing I did since Wednesday was take note of all the times I acted out of preference. I’m very aware of when I’m acting introverted and so on but I’ve never really noticed when I was out of preference. Debra was very right when she said we all use all the different types of personalities everyday. One notable situation I experienced this week was regarding a group project step due on Thursday for me. Me and four other people needed to fill out a sort of thesis worksheet explaining the basics of our project to turn in and we have been passively trying to get a time all set up to meet up and fill it out for a few weeks. So the J in me decided to get everything really set in stone and just flat out asked everyone to send me their availabilities; I sent out an email to remind everyone about the change in direction we determined after speaking to the professor. Both actions are nothing out of the ordinary for me. And then I did something that normally would be seen as very ‘judging’ and asked everyone to meet up on Saturday (because the F in me was empathetic to people not wanting to meet up on Super Bowl Sunday). As I think everyone knows now, I do not do the early starting thing. So technically I was acting more in my J but it was completely shocking to me after I pushed send. Who is this person? Getting stuff done early?

I also did a lot of introducing of myself this weekend but I think I was in my E zone after all the sessions at the Mid-Year Institute and ISLE that made me interact with people I didn’t know. It was a good change!

I also found out while surfing some MBTI-based Tumblr blogs that the character Samwise Gamgee is considered to be ISFJ. He’s always been my favorite anyway!


4 comments:

  1. Coming from another ISFJ, it was also a good change to get into my inner E zone during ISLE! That's great that you were able to "act out of preference" during your project and set a date right away. I'm sure it felt weird and good at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we got our results back I've been trying to notice when I need to go out of my comfort zone for certain situations. Also your picture at the end made me want to see what famous people were also ENFP. Turns out Hunter S. Thompson, one of my professional idols, was the first person that turned up. That is awesome. I also read a quote from him that is now one of my favorites "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, Megan! I really enjoyed doing the MTBI activities as well. Finding out how we all view things similarly and differently and also how we handle situations really fascinated me. I like learning about MTBI, as it also helps me to work with others. Good to hear that you used your E zone to introduce yourself this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan,

    I definitely agree, us introverts have to stick together! And I was definitely in my E zone during ISLE as well. And I love the image that you posted of Sam. He was always one of my favorites when reading the book. Now I want to go explorer and see which fictional characters are my type preference!

    ReplyDelete